9/25/11

Meeting on Tue, Sept 13th : recap

    It has been a while(2 weeks or so) since the last meeting and post as well.  Time flies these days, as it seems like 2 days for me. Might be a sign that I need a vacation :). But, anyway, the reason for this post, as always, is to give our respected readers, who, for any excuse, did not make it to the meeting an overview of what has happened there.
   So, as planned, we started of with some ramblings about pretty much nothing. And continued this beloved exercise till (the rest of the registered people came) || (it was 15 mins past the scheduled time). Next Jim took the lead to tell us about the plains, churches, photo-cameras and ways to interconnect them in one glorious hacking attempt. It was very interesting to get to know some non-standard ways of observing things and applying devices. We expanded onto discussing challenges and benefits one might have if hacked other devices like cars or infrastructure computers. This really looks like a very prospective area to explore (a least for me now). If anyone has smth. to add to this topic we warmly welcome those at our meetings. And again, thank you Jim for such a nice presentation!
    After Jim it was "my time". I had a thesis that I used to get a std::answer for during a set of years, namely "Is it better for one to ear more, or learn more". In other words - is it more wise to spend your free || leisure || extra || you-name-it time trying to get more knowledge on smth new, or rather do some more work in order to get some more money, as we all know money is such a resource,which is best described with
while(true){
    me.needMoreMoney();
    me.earnSomeMoney();
    me.spendSomeMoney();
}.
So again, for the question was - do I need to inject other functions there, or it's better to modify implementations  of the functions, or the algorithm is already complex enough? And I needed some talk on that as while I kept hearing the aforementioned std::answer again and again I was finding controversial arguments recently.
    The outcome of the discussion actually was very interesting for me as it was a lil bit unexpected and I learned about other people's experience with this. This is of paramount importance for me now as the choices made now will have major impact on my future. I hope everyone managed to get smth out of this discussion.
   To sum up - that was a great evening and I can't wait for next one to happen. Stay tuned and do not forget to register once the event is announced in this blog.

/vic.

No comments:

Post a Comment