7/5/11

The first public meeting

The first public meeting of the Lviv IT Rambling went great!
There were 12 folks that for first meeting is quite well. Half of people from N-iX and about the same are freelancers or employees of other companies.

Below I have posted brief notes and few photos:

Ivan Pesin said about the idea of ​​the club.
It seems that idea of the Club didn't frighten anyone:)

Next, we had fun telling about yourself. I said something like "I'm not programmer or a system administrator; I'm an IT philosopher. So I'll tell how to make a presentations and how to use time efficiently. For example if you calling me Wad (not Vadim) you save at least 1 full second every time."

I must say that so started this Jim -- he set this motif. Jim very cheerfully told enough about his wife (Ukrainian woman) and describe past work as "previous life."

It is interesting that I also called bachelor time as "the previous life."


I do not know why but N-iX folks settled on the one side of the table (closer to the sweets and chocolate)

The rest somehow on other. This is bad - still few divides the participants of event I guess.


Jim was the second (and last). He got so carried about storage solutions and especially arrays raid that stole my speaking time too :)
But it was interesting to listen.


I was not comfortable to listen unfortunately. It seems that I'm not ready yet for this - a lot of listening without any subtitles :(

But other club members liked it, especially as Jim gently shook folks to discuss and solve problems.


In general, the idea of Lviv IT Rambling group seems to be not only brilliant idea but also quite viable thing. And I think that it should be copyed by other. The main thing for that is to find an English native speaker in your city.

2 comments:

  1. коли наступна зустріч?

    ReplyDelete
  2. As mentioned in the previous post it is planned for July 19-th. You are welcome to register https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dGR4Y2NtbW8tak55UDQtZXhYQnk1YUE6MQ#gid=0

    ReplyDelete